Victron 3kVA ESS Battery Storage System (Single and 3-Phase)
The Victron battery storage system can be installed in homes with or without an existing PV installation. Excess PV generation is used to charge the battery bank, rather than being exported to the grid, allowing for self-consumption during peak load hours.
Because it is AC-coupled it can be retrofitted to a property at any time without modifying the existing PV installation and can be used with any existing string inverters, microinverters or voltage optimiser systems, including Solar Edge and APS.
The Victron system UPS function is capable of supplying power from the batteries to the property in the event of grid failure - max loads determined by the Multiplus model, property wiring and battery capacity.
The benefit of the Victron ESS system is that it can be used with a single or a 3-phase PV installation with very little variation in installation. The Victron phase compensation mode will attempt to balance the net import to zero by discharging the battery on one phase. Full off-grid single and three phase support is also available with larger Multiplus units.
This system makes use of the Victron ESS software, which can be programmed to support a multitude of lifestyles. The Colour Control GX panel allows for complete control and monitoring of the system, including real-time updates to the Victron VRM Online Portal which can be monitored from anywhere with an internet connection (including iOS and Android apps!)
The Multiplus rating determines the maximum real-time charge rate of the batteries from the PV system and the maximum power that can be supplied to the property from the batteries in tandem with the available grid supply.
Various lithium batteries are supported including Pylon, LG and BYD among others. The battery capacity is completely scalable. A lead-acid battery version of this system is also available, replacing the lithium batteries with AGM deep-cycle cells, up to any capacity required.
- Rated Continuous Power Output: 3kVA
- Max. Charge Current: 35A (1680W)
- Nominal Battery Voltage: 48V
- Nominal Battery Capacity: 50-400Ah (Lithium); 1000Ah (Lead-Acid)
- Max UPS Load & Transfer Switch: 16A (3.6kW); 50A Model Available upon Request
- Multiplus Dimensions: 362 x 258 x 218mm
- Weight: 18Kg (Multiplus)
- Victron Product Warranty: 5 years
- 48V 3kVA Multiplus Inverter/Charger
- Lithium Batteries
- Colour Control GX with WiFi and Wall Enclosure
- 3-Phase AC Current Sensor and Zigbee Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Optional
- Necessary Battery and Com Cables